MODEL-BASED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT IN MECHANICAL AND PLANT ENGINEERING IN COMPLIANCE WITH IEC 61508
Date: Will follow soon
This 2-day training workshop deals with the requirements of model-based development of controller software for mechanical and plant engineering according to IEC 61508 (EN 61508). Following a general presentation of the current status of model-based software development, we will outline the requirements stipulated in IEC 61508 for safety-critical applications in mechanical and plant engineering. We will explain in detail how to implement the IEC standard in software development with the help of Simulink® and Stateflow®. The training workshop is based upon numerous practical examples from model-based development. After completing the training workshop, you will able to develop a roadmap that you can use to carry out and support the necessary steps to implement the standard in your organization. During the training workshop, we will also refer to our experience in serial development in the automotive industry, where applicable.
This training workshop is also available as an in-house training workshop.
In this case, our instructors can tailor the curriculum to meet your specific needs.
The training workshop is aimed at software and function developers, testers, project and quality managers who work in mechanical and plant engineering and are looking to develop software for controller functions using model-based development or wish to introduce this kind of process in their organization. Practical experience with MATLAB®/Simulink® is helpful but not necessary.
Conditions of Participation and Cost
Cost: € 1,350.00 plus VAT
The price for the training workshop includes training materials, refreshments, and lunch.
Early bird discount: 10% off participation cost
We offer an early bird discount of 10% on registrations received 35 days prior to the event.
Multi-person discount: 25% off participation cost
An additional 25% discount on the booking is available for companies registering more than one participant or more than one training workshop at the same time.
Please find all further conditions of participation and cost at MES AGB - Training Workshops.
► To online registration
- Challenges and best practices in model-based software development for mechanical and plant engineering
- Influence and meaning of the quality standard IEC 61508 for the software development process
- Software and model architecture for control systems in mechanical and plant engineering
- Developing and safeguarding functional and software models according to IEC 61508
- Test strategies for effective model and code testing
- Definition and introduction of an IEC 61508-compliant software development process
- Trainers are expert industry practitioners with years of experience in model-based function and software development